Gas tank float

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gas tank float
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 22:45:01 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
77 Midget, 1500cc

The float on the sender unit in my gas tank is about 1/3 filled
with gas.  The float is attached with a loop of wire and that
connects to the sender unit.  It appears that nobody sells just
the float.  I don't need a complete sender and I don't want to
pay $40+ to get the float.  Any suggestions for getting the gas
out?  Drill a hole and then seal it with a rubber plug?  Or does
anyone have an old float that they want to part with, if so send
me e-mail I lets see what we can work out.  It seems a shame to
put it back together with a float the is sinking or might sink.
Of course it may never fill with anymore gas, but I know my luck :-)

Thanks,

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget