Re: '74 Midget Fuel Pump Woes - Help Please?

To: hubbard@idir.net, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '74 Midget Fuel Pump Woes - Help Please?
From: Grossac@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 11:47:48 EST
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip, I think you hit on your problem when you pulled off the gas cap and
got a woosh.  Had the same thing happen to me on a 65 when I installed a new
cap with a tight seal:  motor stopped out on the road a couple of miles from
home.  I too, got a woosh when checking for gas in tank. Turned out that the
vent line had gotten plugged but the old cap had been relieving suction due to
bad seal.  Field fix was to loosen cap and drive home, where I drilled a small
vent hole in the new cap. Try that before anything else.
Chris Gross
'60 Bugeye Vintage Racer