also in British Car

Subject: also in British Car
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 20:00:13 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I was happy to see an article on how to evaluate the condition of your wi=
re
wheels and was amused to see the profile of the average British car owner=
. =

It raises a question!  I jokingly refer to my car as my mid-life crisis
mistress.  I have owned an LBC before, but not since '79.  I owned a Fiat=

Spider from '84 to '87.  I've been married for 11 years.  My Sprite was
purchased this year, just after my 41st birthday.  I wonder now: how many=

people are new owners compared to some on the list who are lifers?  (BTW,=

anyone have an idea how many people are on the list.)  Often, on the list=
,
we learn of more 'parts' cars.  Anyone have any idea of how many cars hav=
gone to rest vs. how many can be proven to be alive compared to productio=
numbers?

(But ... I don't consider myself 'ever' to have lost the love of LBCs, ju=
st
the resources to acquire one.  I've never given up the spare parts for my=

'B', and I've just given away some of the spare parts from the Spider. ) =

Robert D.
'65 RHD Sprite
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/robertduquette