Ran out of fuel, too.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ran out of fuel, too.
From: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:00:41 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All!

Well, I guess this is a little late for Philip, but...

Back over the summer, after leaving work, I heard the fuel pump clicking
away.  Figuring I had a fuel leak(but not smelling fuel), I pulled off and
checked for leaks.  None.  So I continued on.

Zipping up our wonderful neighborhood Rt 309, the fuel pump started going
crazy.  I figured, "well, I'm still moving, I'll replace the pump when I get
home, just keep going".  I turn off 309 at the gas station and climb the
hill on our road.  Just at the top, the car sputters, the fuel pump quiets,
and the car dies.  Now I check the fuel filter - nothing.  Hollow tank - out
of gas.  Coast down the hill and fill her up.  Starts right up(after
pressurizing) and the fuel pump is quiet again.

So now if I ever hear the constant clicking of the fuel pump while driving,
I'll know I better find gas.  I really should check the fuel pressure
considering it's a Mopar pump, but haven't yet.

Happy Holidays!!!
Jason.

|    Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060     |
|    CA Studio  www.dynanet.com/~crackerarts     |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd  '65&'67 Austin-Healey Sprites  |