Changing from 4.22 to 3.909 diff

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Changing from 4.22 to 3.909 diff
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:03:03 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I would like to change the frog diff from 4.22 to 3.9 to get a little extra
highway speed.  The car has a ribcase gearbox but or what vintage I can't
say.  Have any of you done this?  What all must I change since I have this
desire to keep the speedo accurate (not that Sprites are likely to exceed
the 100km/h max by sufficient amount to attract the constabulary!!).

PS: Has anybody seen the 'continental' speedo for a frog.  I was thinking
of 'metrifing' the olde girl while making the diff conversion.

Cheers, Happy new year, Hog Monet (kilted lurkers, please correct spelling!!)
Martyn
The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')