Originality, Fiats, etc...follow up

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Originality, Fiats, etc...follow up
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:32:25 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
RE: $300 Fiat powered Bugeye

I actually had started out with plans to try to make this car the best
looking Fiat powered Bugeye I could...I just wanted to size up the current
opinion of the rest of those in the know...and now I have it, and I thank
you all for your very helpful responses.  As soon as the '69 Midget is out
of my garage, the Bugeye rolls in and away we go.  I will take photos of
the project, and probably make them available on my website.

My plans so far:
Keep the Fiat and 5 speed tranny.
Replace the dash, and install new guages...probably Smiths
Put proper Bugeye seats in (I think the guy got the present setup out of a
boat)
Put on reasonable wheels and tires
Make it one color!
Oh...and put a steering wheel on it (or a second vise grip ;-)

Thanks again! (and I'll keep you posted)
CTP

ps - I think some people may have gotten the impression that this was my
first LBC...this is actually my fifth Spridget project (with other LBCs
along the way).  This car just happens to be the furthest from stock, and
the furthest from completion I have ever bought...a bit daunting.