Speedo Rebuilder!

To: "George Procyshyn" <geopro@cyberdrive.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedo Rebuilder!
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 11:49:35 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
A couple folks have asked who rebuilt my speedo...sorry, I should have
included that the first time around.

It was Palo Alto Speedometer, here in the SF Bay Area.  www.paspeedo.com
They do Smiths, Jaeger, etc.

I was overjoyed with the work they did, and actually wrote them a letter
commending them on it.  The turnaround was fast, the quality was much more
than I had hoped for, and the price was quite reasonable (I don't remember
the exact figure)

CTP

footnote...I went to my local place, called Speedo-Tach.  Pretty big
outfit.  I walked in with my speedo, and waited, and waited, and waited,
while the guy was trying to sell some kid a stereo or amplifier for his hot
pink low minitruck (they diversified their speedo business a couple years
ago).  Finally he asks if I need help.  I show him the speedo.  He says 'I
dunno, hang on',  gets some other guy who glances at it from about 30 feet
away and snarls "I don't work on that stuff, can't get parts for those" and
retreats back to his cave...needless to say, P.A. Speedo was a welcome
vendor.