VB 8-Spoke Alloy Wheel

To: rcarlson@csw.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VB 8-Spoke Alloy Wheel
From: spriteguy@juno.com (Matthew P Johnson)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 10:24:16 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rob,
The original lug nuts will not  thread far enough onto the stud because
the wheel hub is thicker than the OE wheel and it also has a cone shaped
seat for the nut to fit into.  I found that I needed to use a cone-tipped
nut instead of the radius-tipped nut that is originally fitted to
Spridgets.  Fortunately I work in a machine shop so I made a set from an
original set of lug nuts.