Re: HNY

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, phax@eng.kns.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: HNY
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 08:53:15 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

<< >It was a banner year for the Hefners.  We joined the SCCA, the AMGBA, and
we
 >bought a '77 MG Midget!  What could be better?!?  (Other than a big, heated
 >garage!)  Now if I can get this Road Rallye program going in the Philly
 >Region
 >I'll be really happy.
 >
 >Please remember to designate a driver if you are partying tonight.  Keep
your
 >cars on the road!  After a Great '98, I wish you all the best for a Fine
'99!

 >Happy New Year,
 >
 >Allen Hefner
 >'77 Midget
 >'92 Mitsubiahi Expo LRV Sport
 Allen,
 The Philly MG club has 2 (count 'em) 2 MG vs. Tri&%$h rallys per year. In
 the spring the MG club got 2nd & 3rd (me) In the fall, which I missed, we
 got 3rd only we need more MGer's to show for the next Spring rally. If
 you know of other Philly area rallyes let me know and I will tell the
 Philly MG club (but not the TR club ;-0)

 Larry Macy
 78 Midget >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Larry.  I know that the Philly MG Club runs those rallies.  I also
joined it when I WON the membership to AMGBA after entering for the drawing at
the Doylestown show.

I have been charged with ressurecting the Road Rallye program for the Philly
Region of the SCCA.  We are still in the planning stages, but hope to sanction
(or co-sanction with another region) four rallies in 1999.  I will also be
announcing other area rallies to the PhAX mailing list, which is maintained
for the Philly Region.  (Go to:  http://www.castle.net/~autoxcsp  for more
info on that list.)

If my plan works, we hope to have a Motorsports Weekend this summer.  A
concours on Friday evening, Road Rallye on Saturday, and an autocross on
Sunday.  If we can do all this at some friendly seashore resort, it would be a
lot of fun!  (Does anybody remember the Ocean City Cavalcade from the '60s?)

I intend to post our rallye dates to these lists as well.  We are trying to
attract new members to SCCA, and get some of the ones who have been "less than
active" out for some new fun with their cars.  Remember, this will be Road
Rallye, NOT ProRally as you see on Speedvision.  No special cars or equipment
required.

If anyone wants more info, and you are anywhere near Philadelphia, send me a
private e-mail.  No need to bomb the list.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

p.s.  15 degrees/F in my neighborhood this morning!  Snowstorm on the way.
Guess I won't be working on the Midget today.