Re: Your expert advice requested (was RE: subscribers)

To: Tim Osborne <timos@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Your expert advice requested (was RE: subscribers)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:41:36 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Tim Osborne wrote:

> Should I A) find a buyer for the 68 shell and just start looking for a
> better 67 shell or B) dig into the 68 as planned?

Fill in the reverse lamps and call it a 67.
Swap the chassis tag from the 67 to the 68, remove the 68 tag from the
top of the cowl (visable thru the windsheild) and just leave the 3
wipers if you want.
Only you (and a few people on this list) would ever know the difference.
I did this to my wife's 73 Midget, it is titled and registered as a 67
Sprite with round wheel arches and no reverse lights. No padded dash
either and a Bugeye front end!
As for the shock frame ID, a few coats of paint and they are filled in.
Only Sprite/Midget people know about that number.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ