Mounting a Sway Bar.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mounting a Sway Bar.
From: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:18:25 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Happy New Year and all that rot,

Well, I finally got a used factory 9/16 sway bar from Sportscar Parts in
Arlington Texas (nice people) only had to pay $66 for everything including
shipping... it even came with new brackets mounts and rubber bushings.
Now that I bead blasted and painting it, it looks brand new.

So, now I'm ready to install it and this is where I need some advice...
How do I attach the bushing brackets to the square tubular frame?
I can easily drill out the fasteners that hold what looks like bracket pads
(already in place and the same size as the sway bar bushing brackets), but I
can't get inside the frame to drop a bolt through. I don't want to drill
both sides of the frame and use a real long bolt clear through the height
the frame, for fear that it would collapse the square tubular frame.
So what's everybody else done when they added a sway bar?

Thanks,

-Drew
'62 Sprite