license plate resoration finally solved!

To: <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: license plate resoration finally solved!
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:56:41 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
There I was, I tried all the methods and it was still looking pretty shabby.
I thought to myself I wish this was PhotoShop. Where is the undo command?
Whammo! This idea hit me. I scanned my License plate in, created a stencil
around the letters & numbers. Printed 5 of em. Taped em in place and let
loose with the paint. Result: a fine looking license plate. If you see a
unusually good looking old license plate, you will be sure that it is mine.