Re: Naming your car

Subject: Re: Naming your car
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:42:34 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Robert Duquette wrote:

> I don't think that I fall into (or otherwise arrive into) either catagory
> and it is often difficult to describe a feeling, but here goes:  sometimes
> a car can evoke a caring feeling from its owner that makes it take on a
> type of personality in much the same way as a pet or another human.  When

I have recently discovered that I don't feel about a car in this way until
I have worked on it.  I bought the Fiat a couple of months ago, and it was
exactly what I had been looking for for a long time.  An X1/9 was my first
car and I was a die hard enthusiast in my Fiat days, so I am very familiar
with the model.  The car is in amazing shape and is a prize to me. Yet,
the first couple of weeks when I just drove around in it, it was almost
like just a car.  Now that I have spent a number of hours working on it,
improving it, making it faster and sound better, I feel much closer to it.
Maybe the fact that I have chencged it to suit ME makes part of the
difference.

No nickname yet.
Maybe "lemon".
It is bright 70s yellow and enough people think that all Fiats are lemons
anyway :-)

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9