Re: Gift Sprite

To: spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu, spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Gift Sprite
From: Peter C <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:58:17 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Listers,
        WOW
        This list is blessed with folks with an enormous amount of generocity
and
sense of humor.  I applaud you all, it is good to know you.
        I'll try to summarize what has been going on. I've just read the whole
weekend's posts. As promised, I was out of touch. (Curled pretty well
though) Please correct me if I've made any inaccurate assumptions.
        1) The money is available (pledged), and can be "fronted" for the
purchase.
        2) The car is certainly a "basket" case as described by Dave N (thanks
again Dave) I talked with him last night and he had some further comments
than what was emailed. Apparently the owner past or present, not sure, was
giving thought to installing a rotary engine which is also part of the
package. The pass side floor is rusted with holes. There are new floors in
with the parts. The usual spot of rust on the door pillar. Bonnet bondoed
somewhat, etc. Dave sounded a bit negative but that may be his
unfamiliarity with Bugeyes in particular or his reticence at making a
commitment for us all. Both reasons VERY understandable.
        3) Consensus seems to be that Ron is capable and would enjoy the gift.
He
did say he had the room.
        4)  It can be transported. Team Thicko, Gary Speckman (and others)
Thanks
        5)  It seems that should Ron refuse it or it is/becomes a burden, that
others are willing to take it over, the best solution (in my mind) being
taking it to Carlisle. Perhaps this should be further discussed.
        6)  His new house address can be/has been located.
        7)  There should be some negotiation on the price (certainly) but the
cost
per willing individual is ok.
The "fun" factor and location adding somewhat to the "value" of the car.

        I think that covers it. Any additions, subtractions, or changes?
Cheers  Peter C