RE: Roadster vs Convertible terminology (long)

To: "'Peter C'" <nosimport@mailbag.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roadster vs Convertible terminology (long)
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:26:15 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hmm. Good point.
Is it a folding top over the passengers = Phaeton

as opposed to fixed top over the passengers = coupe?

I'm not certain if the coupe definition in 1 is applicable to automobiles,
it just seemed to follow. I have heard Phaeton used for dual-cowled cars, I
just forgot about it in my long-winded roadster babble.