Re: Am I nuts? (was Fiberglass Floorboards) (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Am I nuts? (was Fiberglass Floorboards) (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:20:05 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay

You make it sound so simple ;-)

Larry Miller
-----Original Message-----
From: type79@ix.netcom.com <type79@ix.netcom.com>
To: spridgets@autox.team.net <spridgets@autox.team.net>; Ajhsys@aol.com
<Ajhsys@aol.com>
Date: 18 January, 1999 9:12 AM

>Hi,
>I would like to offer a radical, but simple, approach to this dilemma of
the "Rotting Floor Boards".

>How about cutting the suspect floor back to the inner sill and the
transmission tunnel (or wherever the rot ends) and weld a new replacement
floor in its place? (Please hold the applause, I was not the first to think
of this.)

>Many repro floors are acceptable these days and include the lateral
ribs/indents and "foot well", plus you have all of your attachment points
for the accelerator and seat. If any nuts are missing from the panel you can
easily attach them in the process.

>Then voila! You can jump on the seats without fear of Fred Flinstoning and
maybe even trampoline yourself into a neighboring vehicle or the roof of
your garage (you choose).

>Otherwise, why bother with all this fiberglass nonsense when you could do
parquay, ceramic, or even a nice Armstrong pattern?