Re: In Line gas filter

To: noel@BATTELLE.ORG, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: In Line gas filter
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:53:18 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>From: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>
>My dilemma is where to mount the filter.  I understand it should be
>mounted between the tank and the fuel pump.
I recommend against mounting the filter between the tank and the pump.
Most pumps do not have much suction to spare and when the filter starts
to get dirty you will end up with a fuel starvation problem, The best
place is between the pump and the carbs up in the engine compartment
where it is easily accessible, just make sure that it is away from heat
sources and firmly attached so that it does not rub against anything.
The screen in the tank is there to stop large pieces of crud from
getting in the fuel pump and destroying it, smaller stuff goes right
thru. Some fuel pumps have a screen on the inlet side already.
Regards,
Peter S.