Diode -> I think I've got it.

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, MGList <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diode -> I think I've got it.
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:56:23 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey again.

I think I've got it.  It's definitely a diode.  Very small (about 1 mm wide and
2 mm's long).  Light blue line on one side of clear glass cylinder.  Axial
leads.  I know the voltage expected out of it is approx. 23 volts. but as I
understand it,  that's not a function of the diode.  I purchased 50 ($2.19) at
Radio Shack that are the identical size and shape.  THe only difference is the
color of the line (light purplish white vs light blue).  I also understand these
are relatively standard items and they should work as long as I solder it in the
correct direction.

I'm going to remove a good one and check it's resistance.  If the good one and
the new one match,  a soldering I will go.

This sound like a game plan?

Michael

Oh yeah.  I called TDK (the maker of the component).  Since the unit is a
specially made item, they cannot view the schematic.  No one at Nissan know's
where to look for it.  Their answer is buy a new one ($350).  As if my $350
could save them.