Donnington.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Donnington.
From: SirIanOfCa@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 01:20:37 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had the pleasure of watching Pink Floyd perform at the Donnington festieval
many moons ago.It is indeed a very special place.As I may have said before I
was born here in the States but at age 7 my family moved back to my Mothers
birthplace Kings Lynn in Norfolk.After leaving school and a spell in the
military I embarked upon my carreer as an Electrical and  Electronic
Engineer.Between working overseas Europe the Middle and Far East and attending
college and University I managed quite a bit of time just tripping round and
taking in as much as I could.I know England and Scotland very well.

Many people here ask me for hints and tips on where to go and what to see
whilst in Britain.My first comment is NEVER take a package deal they are just
far too expensive.For example to get a decent hotel room in central London you
are talking at least 125 pounds a night.By jumping on the tube for a pound and
going to North London which is 20 minutes away you can get an equally nice
room for about 40 pounds a night.The tourist information service in England is
really a mine of information.By doing a little research you can have ten times
the holiday for 50 to 60% less.Britain as a whole is not as expensive as
people think IF you go forearmed with the right information.I would urge any
of you who have never been and would like to go to do so.Donnington and the
surrounding area have quite a few race and classic
car museums catering for all tastes.As does Brooklands,Brands Hatch and
Silverstone.Apart from the Car aspect These areas as a whole are located in or
very near some of the most beautiful countryside.Its part of the real
England.I am always more than happy to answer any questions and as I have a
relative that works for the tourist board getting good reliable info is never
a problem although now most of this can be found on the web.

Yours off to pay an obligatory visit to Mum and Dad here shortly before they
forget what I look like.       Ian.