Neg. GRN Tach. Converstion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Neg. GRN Tach. Converstion
From: "Alan Inglis" <ainglis@bcresearch.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:37:55 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

I am fairly certain you need a ground connection for the tach - which is
normally provided by clamping the unit in the dashboard.
Alan
---------------------- Forwarded by Alan Inglis/BC Research/CA on 01/29/99 10:38
AM ---------------------------

"Paul Dolloff" <pauld@ekpc.com> on 01/29/99 10:05:58 AM

Please respond to "Paul Dolloff" <pauld@ekpc.com>

 To:      spridgets@autox.team.net

 cc:      (bcc: Alan Inglis/BC Research/CA)

List,

Yesterday I converted my tach to negative ground by changing the
resistor and green wire connections as per Frank's instructions on
the Puddle Jumper (thanks Frank).  At home, I reversed the white wire
loop as instructed but my tach still didn't work.

I didn't install the tach in the dash because I was afraid that it
might not work.  Did this prevent a ground connection?  Are there
other wires that have to be connected to the tach?

I traced the white wires and found one to connect to the ignition
switch and the other end connected to the coil.  Is this correct?

I have a second tach that I converted today and will try tonight.
Who knows if either of these are any good?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
Lexington, KY