Fabricating Brake Linesboundary="------------B3C4F208064914CBDD747FFB"

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fabricating Brake Linesboundary="------------B3C4F208064914CBDD747FFB"
From: rsextro <rsextro@wre.adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 20:56:19 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
--------------B3C4F208064914CBDD747FFB

Help,

I'm trying to replace the rear brake lines on my  '61 Bugeye.  I
purchased some 3/16 tubing from the auto parts store, and installed the
original swivel nuts.  Using a double flaring tool, I formed what I
thought were double flares by performing only the first step of a double
flare.  After installing and tightening the lines, 3 out of 4 of the
flares are leaking profusely.  Two new wheel cylinders were installed
and no leaking occurred prior to replacing the lines.  What am I
missing?  It acts like the flares are not sealing in the wheel cylinder
and tee fitting.  Do I need to locate a bubble flaring tool?

TIA

Ron

--------------B3C4F208064914CBDD747FFB
 name="rsextro.vcf"