Re: mechanical tachometer?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: emakris@hol.gr
Subject: Re: mechanical tachometer?
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:19:31 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Evangelos,
Yes and Yes. If you have a worskhop manual, this should be clearly shown. If
you don't, refer to my previous messages.

Once again, the tach cable connects to a gearbox which in turn is attached to
the rear of the generator. The generator has a different end plate and
armature. The end-plate is threaded and the armature is longer than the
non-tach drive generator armatures to accept the tach drive gearbox.

If you prefer to run an alternator, you will need to wire a later tach into
your electrical system. I have no experience with that mod, but I would expect
that others on the spridget list could offer assistance.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6
Innocenti-S