Re: shock conversions

To: sday@auracom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shock conversions
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:35:31 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Sean,
        Before looking at shock conversions I suggest you replace all
the bushings on the front suspension, Check the kingpins for wear and
correct if worn, also the tie rod ends. Check the rear U-bolts for
tightness and replace the rear suspension bushings if worn as well as
the rear shock links. These cars handle and drive quite well with the
stock setup and a shock conversion is worthless without doing the basic
stuff first. Some of the conversions are actually worse than the stock
setup. World Wide Auto Parts sells excellent rebuilt shocks at a price
less than the conversion would cost. Send a message to
 Peter Caldwell e-mail nosimport@mailbag.com for price and availablilty.
Regards,
Peter S.
'59 Bugeye