Re: VIN Plates

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <adrian@icx.net>
Subject: Re: VIN Plates
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:39:11 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If I'm not mistaken, Adrian owns a late Midget.  The VIN plate is riveted
to the top of the dash.  To get it off, use about a 1/8" drill bit, or a
little larger, and drill the rivet head off.  Replace the plate with pop
rivets.
Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

> From: type79@ix.netcom.com
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net; adrian@icx.net
> Subject: Re: VIN Plates
> Date: Friday, February 05, 1999 2:24 PM
>
> Yo...Adrian!,
> In my/our experience in purchasing, owning, parting-out dozens of
Sprites, we have never seen riveted ID plates.