Re: RWA fenders

To: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Subject: Re: RWA fenders
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 20:36:14 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Andrew Griffith wrote:

> Greetings Spridget fans,
> Has anyone tried to but RWA ('72 to '74 Midget) fenders (metal or
> fiberglass) on an early model Sprite, '62MKII?
> Will they fit or would I be better off getting a rear clip from a '72 to '74
> Midget?
> Frank, what's your take on this?... You must have tried this at least once.
>
> Thanks ahead of time!
>
> -Drew '62 Sprite

It can be done! I know of a guy with a RB Midget with one RWA and one
original square arch, if you didn't walk around the car you would never
know.
I also know a guy who put a Bugeye rear clip and bonnet on a RB Midget,
removed the 1500 and fit a 1275. A true Bugeye with roll up windows and
a fold down top.
Anything is possible. The above work was all done by home hobbyists in a
their own back yards or garage.
(The RWA replacment 1/4 panel was a mistake when ordered to replace a
crumpled 1/4 panel due to acident damage. And the owner never knew the
difference untill some one pointed it out.)

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
The bug in the rice bowl
http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut