Re: Weber for a '75

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Weber for a '75
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 06:44:00 -0500
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 2/8/99 4:16 PM so and so (J. Adrian Barnes) said. (And I quote:)

Personaly, I like my DGV. It is one whale of a lot better than the ZS i
replaced. The only gripe I have is on these cold Feb mornings it exhibits
the reported stumble as you try to accelerate. Other thatn that when it
is warm and I go for a cruise it is great.

Larry Macy
78 Midget
>What's wrong with a DGV, supposing I had already ordered one?  Would it
>still be
>better than the Zenith-Stromberg, or are there other problems?
>
>adrian
>
>Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 08/2/1999  7:12:03PM,  mgrazian@ltcm.com writes:
>>
>> << Adrian, >>
>>
>> Make sure you compare like for like.  You can get a DGV (but don't), a pair
>of
>> 40DCOEs or a single 45 DCOE for the 1500 engine.  Also, there is probably
>more
>> money to be saved and power gained or lost on the inlet manifold than carb
>> alone, likewise air filters, & rams.
>>
>> Finally, it can be pricey getting a DCOE calibrated correctly (especially if
>> you have 2) so try and find a place like APT (aptfast.com) who can
'ballpark'
>> jet the carb for you on purchase.  In fact, APT might just do you a good all
>> round deal.
>>
>> Daniel1312
>
>--
>------------------------------------
>J. Adrian Barnes
>http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget
>http://www.ravineware.com
>
>"When there was no meat, we ate
>fowl.  When there was no fowl we
>ate crawdads.  When there were no
>crawdads we ate sand."
>------------------------------------

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?