Re: need help with PCV valve

To: Nory P <nory_midget@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: need help with PCV valve
From: "Herbert Goede" <hgoede@uswest.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:36:15 -0700
Cc: Jim Hammack <hammack@goldinc.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Nory P wrote:

> >clip that holds the PCV valve together >on my 67 Midget disappeared
> >yesterday...
>
> I'm confused.... Did '67's -have- PCV valves?

Yes and no,

My Father had the dubious honor of owning the first midget in the states with
the polution control system.
He bought it at the new Jersey auto show after the one he had ordered ended up
somewhere else.  I've heard it
called a 67 1/2.  Pretty car - BRG with wires.

Depending on your age, you might recall that 67 was when the USDOT started
their campaign against automotive
performance.  We moved to Colorado shortly after buying the car.  The local BMC
dealership didn't even have
manuals on it yet.  And boy did they need them.  Ironically, whenever the PCV
went out, which was often, it
spewed out clouds of smoke.  Not very effective.

Also understand that a '67 could be a '66 or even a '65 depending on how long
it sat before it was titled.

Herb

The P