Re: DCOE

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DCOE
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:54:45 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/2/1999  2:49:08AM,  millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< 1. What does everybody use to hook up the throttle? I asked for everything
 I would need for installation and it came with nothing. The throttle has to
 be pulled from the bottom and I don't see any easy way of doing that.

 #2. What kind of choke cable do you use?, Generic? The Sprite cable is way
 too short. The DCOE pulls from the front. Looks like it will need a real
 long cable to avoid any kinks.

1.   There are a number of linkages that will do the job - at least in
England.  The Janspeed linkage is about the neatest but depending on the
manifold may need modifying to clear the bonnet line.  Webcon UK do linkages
that either bolt under the carb or on the top cover.

2.  You don't need a choke (cold start device) on a DCOE.  2 or 3 pumps of the
throttle will see the engine start on the coldest mornings.  You can fit a
small cover in place of the cold start mechanism.

Daniel1312