Re: Shock colors

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Shock colors
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:26:19 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Frank,
>
> On 02/11/99 18:03:14 you wrote:
> >
> >Now wait a minute here.
> >I have some original shocks that are natural aluminum with black arms.
> >They also have blue and/or yellow dots (painted on them) for some
> >purpose.
>
> Are the shocks on an original car? Where did they come from?

I am not positive as to where the shocks came from. I pulled a set off
an early AN5 (#14??) and they were aluminum and pitted with blue and/or
yellow paint markings. They could have been changed somewhere along the
way. Actually I never saw a black shock on any Sprites I disassembled,
all were aluminum with black arms. And the blue or yellow markings were
on the shock bodies and arms.

> >Original shocks off my A40 (41,000 original miles off road since 64)
> >were natural aluminum with black arms too.
>
> I don't know that this answers the question as it pertains to AN-5's.
A 40s use the same shocks, Evangelos' is a 60, mine a 59

> >I have seen all black, copper (new replacments) and natural/black.
>
> Again, on original cars or as replacements?
Coppertone were new uninstalled replacements.

Jay
What color shocks are on your Innocenti? It's another Italian designed
Sprite like the A40s.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ