Re: Electric Fan

To: "pheysey" <pheysey@enol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fan
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 07:48:56 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 2/8/99 12:53 AM so and so (pheysey) said. (And I quote:)

>I own a 78 midget and the fan clutch is fried.  After seeing the price of
>replacement fan clutches I have decided to go with an electric fan
>conversion.
>Does anyone know where I can get the best price for an electric fan?  Also if
>anyone is parting out a late model midget, I need several used parts, if you
>would contact me privately.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Steve Pheysey
>'77 Fiat X1/9
>'78 MG Midget
>'80 Tr***** TR8
I picked up a 12" electric at PepBoys. I had to trim the frame a little
to get it to fit under the cowl in front of the radiator. I like it as I
can now hear what the engine is doing instead of just hearing the fan. It
runs a little hot in the summer but I can keep the heater on and it seems
ok. (can you hear the sweat dripping off my feet?) I also punched a hole
in the radiator putting the temp sensor in and had to have that fixed.
Missed driving it to a car show (MG's at the Rocks '97).

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?