Re: Weber DGV

To: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:34:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Larry Miller wrote:

> The Weber DGV I just removed from the Bugeye is going into storage for a
> while. Any suggestions on what I should do now to help prevent having to
> rebuild it when it comes out of storage?

I would take the lid off and spray everything through with some carb
cleaner to get all the gas out so that it doesn't gum up..  Then put it in
a plastic bag with some drying agent in it.

I have some double Webers that have been stored for 10 years in a shed and
they have some of that white corrosion on the outside and inside.  Not too
bad though.  They will need a disassembly and cleaning.

And for all the Weber guys with problems.  Buy the book "Weber
Carburetors" by Pat Braden.  He explains the inner workings very well and
you actually gain enough insight to figure out what to change to eliminate
flat spots.  It's actually fairly easy reading.

Ulix
32 DMTRA-200
34 DMTR
(2x) 40 DCNF-12