Re: I have a Web Page!

To: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: I have a Web Page!
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:45:05 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> Ulix, you dog, you have been holding out on me. I didn't know you had a
> MGA.....I dream at night about driving a MGA along the West Coast
> Highway even though I have never seen that hiway or driven an MGA. I
> think there are the most stunningly beautiful car I have ever come
> across, and I like the two tone color scheme you have on yours. What
> year is it? Don't get me wrong, I love my Spridgets, but for long
> distance driving the MGA is my preference, but for intown or Auto-X that
> is where the little cars are my choice.

Mark,
if I had an MGA, it would be in my signature.  I only have the Sprite and
X1/9.
I used to own the car in the picture.
It was the old story.  As soon as I had my X1/9, I wanted a Spridget,
as soon as I had a Spridget, I wanted an MGA, then an E-Type (never
happened).  I bought the A for $1500 blind with passion.
Even jacked it up and looked from underneath - must have been wearing
shades...   Drove it home with only the handbrake working.  I eventually
fixed it up mechanically, but the rockers were fiberglass pieces that
hid...well not much.  The frame (!) had holes in it almost as big as my
hand.  Turned out to have an MGB engine and trans, didn't find that out
until I sold it.  It went to a guy who shipped cars to Belgium, for $1700.
My parents almost didn't let me sell it, my mom said "now that's a *real*
sportscar" but it was the worst car I ever owned (in terms of condition).
The A was a '60.

I have driven the costal highway a couple of times, once in my Sprite,
aaaahhh!

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9