Re: Panhard bar vs Axle Stabilizer bar

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Panhard bar vs Axle Stabilizer bar
From: Matthew P Johnson <spriteguy@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:47:10 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I looked carefully at different bar configurations before I built my own.
 After analyzing every different attachment point I could come up with a
decided on something very similar to the Winner's Circle product.  I have
been very happy with the control of the car and there is no more rubbing
of the tires in the fender wells when cornering hard.

I really considered the Mini Mania propaganda, but felt that for what I
wanted, their's wouldn't do it.  First of all it's a combination bar.  I
felt like I would only get halfway decent panhard bar characteristics and
halfway decent traction bar characteristics.  The other real concern I
had was suspension geometry.  Short lateral locating arms are a bad thing
because it adds greater lateral forces to the chassis and the axle than a
longer arm.  It basically is binding the suspension.  So longer bars are
better.  For those who aren't real serious about performance, the Mini
Mania may be a great compromise, but if you want the best of a panhard
bar and traction bars, then I think it's best to use two separate
methods.

Sharing my $.02. FWIW.
Matt