Im pulling apart my baby bumble-bee

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Im pulling apart my baby bumble-bee
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:15:01 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Humorous title aside, I have a serious question. I just pulled the head
off the 73 Midget and when I did, four of the pushrods stayed in the
block and the rest came out with the head. Is this a bad thing? should
all the pushrods be able to slide out of the block?

The reason I removed the head is because I am trying to strip down the
engine to make it light as possible before lifting it out, by hand. How
heavy is a short block? and can I remove the engine without removing the
tranny mounts?

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC

ps...the car will be black with yellow accents when down, hence the
baby  bumblebee reference....:-)