1500 Fan Clutch

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Fan Clutch
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 17:25:34 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I was playing around with the water pump/thermostat stuff today and have
another question or two.  I bought a new waterpump.  I didn't get a new
fan clutch.

1.  Given that I have to beat or pry the old fan clutch off, should I
forget about it and buy a new one? (it's a pain in the rear to remove)
2.  If I do manage to remove the fan clutch, what are the odds that I
damaged it or that it already is bad or about to go?
2.  With all this in mind, should I forget about the fan clutch entirely
and just buy an electric fan kit?  The fan kits aren't that much more
than a new fan clutch.

Thanks...

adrian