1275 & smoothcase (was Re: Bug Eye Upgrade Questions)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 & smoothcase (was Re: Bug Eye Upgrade Questions)
From: "Geoffrey P. Muttart" <gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:09:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay, Paul, Frank & List:

I ran a 1275 with a smoothcase for a summer with no problems - not to
suggest that they wouldn't have developed.  The 'case did require a little
modification where the clutch cover hit - a grinder easily did the trick.
(Also had to modify the length of the shaft in the clutch slave cylinder -
or just switched it with the one from the 1275 car - I can't recall just
now).

In my limited experience, if you can find a 1275 then there's likely a
ribcase to go with it.  Then the only question is whether you take the time
to install them both (I didn't :) - general consensus of the List seems to
be that you should.

Geoff Muttart
Bugeye