Re: wheel studs - pesky things

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheel studs - pesky things
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:04:29 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Michael D Myers wrote:

> You would probably be better off using a large "C" clamp as a press with
> a socket on the back side of the flange to allow the stud to move.
>
> Driving it out with a large hammer can brinnel the wheel bearings since
> all of the shock will go through them.
>
> My 2 cents.
>
> Mike Myers
Man...I have not heard the term Brinnel in a long, long time. Thank you
for the time trip, I had a metalurgy prof use that term and then held us
20 minutes after class to explain what a Brinell tester was and how the
term could and couldn't be used. Still think of old Mr. Patterson from
time to time, some teachers just have that effect on their students.

Thank you again

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC