Re: Across the USA, wreches, big plans.

To: "R. Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>, "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Across the USA, wreches, big plans.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 07:53:09 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My son and I built a 69 sprite in a one car garage in Germany and traveled
through.. 11 countries in Europe in three days.... Yep I have done a little
long distance stuff... it was a great trip...Toby I wouldn't trade those
memories for anything in the world... nor would my son.... go for it... Ps
we had a very inexpensive car that we decided up front that if anything
happened to it we would simply leave it on the side of the road sans ID
plates and take the train home.... but the little car ran like stink and he
ended up driving it to High School... great stuff

My second son is helping me with the Race car and also drives it.... now
there is a scary experience ... strapping your 17 yr old son in a fast
car.... Yeah I triple check all the safety gear.... and make sure he
understands all the Procedures in the event of a problem....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camero ( Land Speed
Racer)
----------
> From: R. Toby Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
> To: Sprite Maling List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Across the USA, wreches, big plans.
> Date: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 2:56 AM
>
>     I wanna thank all of you who helped in the wrench issue, just to
comment, a
> little, I am a Craftsman guy, with one Snap On Tool that is never used,
just hung
> up and looked at. It's so shiny.... I should compare one of these days,
>
> Bigger plans....Has anybody been on great distances with their Sprite?
This summer,
> I have planned a Cross USA trip with a friend, but the car I was planning
to take
> has become unavailable. I have 4 months to prepare the sprite for a
glorious
> summer. How reliable are these little cars? Has anybody done it?
> Don't worry about the comfort level. I have done great distances in my
Land Cruiser
> with only 3 gears with out overdrive and no Top or doors. Top Speed:
60-65 mph with