Re: bugeye arrow, where?

To: "R. Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: bugeye arrow, where?
From: Bruce Henderson <bhndrson@west.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 01:51:07 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Toby,

You wrote:

>> Where can I see this infamous arrow? I would be happy too incorporate
something
that is actually on one of our cars! It would make it even better. <<

Check pages 12 (in particular), 52, 65, and 189 of Sprites & Midgets, The
Complete Story by Anders Ditlev Clausager.

Check also the Moss Spare Parts and Restoration Catalog Edition SPM-04, if
you have it or a similar edition.  The part can be found in Chrome & Trim in
my copy, part number 031-585 or 031-580.

Further, like most things, simplicity wins out over complexity.  The old
less-is-more syndrome, as it were.  You might consider having either a
Bugeye/Frogeye on the back for those with Mk. Is, or a square-body to
accommodate the Mk. II-IV/Midget folks.  Three cars on the back is a bit
much in my opinion.

Later, you might consider something I've seen with the 356 group and I think
would be favorable for the Spridget crowd.  Think about a simple embroidery
or applique with a head-on shot of a Bugeye or square body.  A
representation works wonders and is immediately recognizable.  These cars
have a face that is a pleasure to look upon and is held with a certain
amount of esteem and admiration by those in the know.

Regards,
Bruce Henderson