Re: Le Mans & Sebring Sprites

To: oxbear@compmore.net
Subject: Re: Le Mans & Sebring Sprites
From: Rick Snover <rsnover@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 06:21:54 -0800
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>    From: William Pickthorne <oxbear@compmore.net>
>
> Greetings from Canada.  I am looking for information on a BMC factory team of
> racing Sprites that ran in the late 50's and early 60's at Le Mans and Sebring
> (Pat Moss drove the wheels off one at Sebring).  The car had flared in
>headlamps
> and a moulded fastback hardtop and wire wheels.
>
> Does anyone in your group know if a retro fit kit is available, or specs on
>the
> mods that were done by BMC back in the late 50's and 60's?  Any help would be
> much appreciated.

[The owner is a buddy of mine, and I setup and maintain his website.]
British Speedwell Racing here in San Diego offers a fiberglass replica
of the Speedwell Monza bonnet (the three-hole competition version) from
a mold taken from an original Sebring Coupe (My racing Sprite roadster
has one of the bonnets, see
http://pw2.netcom.com/~rsnover/sprite/980926.html).  They'd be happy to
do a complete Sebring Sprite replica for you, or most anything in
between.  See http://www.toyshop-resto.com/pages/britspd.html

--
Rick Snover, San Diego, CA
http://www.netcom.com/~rsnover