Fans? Radiators?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fans? Radiators?
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:21:50 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
some of the things said about this topic were:
 <<As far as a vacuum moving more air than a
positive displacement system (minor math ahead):
In a duct, the pressure drop (corrected to standard air density and pressure)
is equal to the resistance of the duct times the flow squared (sigma_delta_p =
z * w^2).  If you solve for flow (w), the flow is equal to the square root of
the pressure drop divided by the resistance (meaning the flow is proportional
to the pressure differential).>>
then...
<<Actually, it is an avionics draw thru fan for rthe E-3 aircraft (AWACS), and
is also used as a condenser fan on the E-8C JSTARS aircraft environmental
control system.  It is the largest fan AlliedSignal Aerospace (formerly
Garrett AiResearch) makes.>>
and ...
<<Because the  cooler the engine runs the more power can be liberated.>>
<<I guess because God invented the rules of fluid dynamics - everone else has
try and understand them.>>

Whoa there Poindexter! Drop the slide rule and the dial micrometer and back
away from the LBC! Take deep breaths. All I want is the ham sandwich, you can
keep the fly poops you picked out of the pepper.
Look out Captain Kirk, Spocks on the bridge!
Engineers ... Sheesh!
Gary
75 Midget daily driver
75 Midget project car