Re: Shock Stuff pt.2

To: DRDohm@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shock Stuff pt.2
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:43:25 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hah!
        Thought you were going to get through a day without me, huh? Sorry.
If you insist on draining and refilling your shocks do NOT use anything
heavier than 30wt else you'll risk ruining all kinds of splines, poppet
valves, wristpins, and generally wind up with shocks that don't absorb and
are rendered useless and un-rebuildable. The original oil is akin to a 20wt
engine oil... stay in that ball park. If that doesn't provide the ride you
want, then clearances are not what they should be inside the shock. Oh... a
quart'll do 2+.
Have fun.   Peter C