Re: Midget questions

To: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: Re: Midget questions
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:01:14 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Jay Snavely wrote:

> I am thinking about improving the final drive ratio for driving on
> Interstates etc. I see a conversion for a 5 speed Nissan transmission.
> There is also a 3.5 ratio rear end gear set available from VB. Does
> anyone have experience about these or any advise??

Jay,
Your '71 should have a 3.9:1 rear end.  You could use the later 3.7:1 from
a late Midget, but I wouldn't recommend longer than that.  1st gear would
probably get awfully long and it would be hard to take off.

The 3.7 would be fairly cheap to get used, a 5-speed is a lot more time
and money.

Ulix, 5-speed and 3.7