Bugeye Tach

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Tach
From: Scott Bullock <sbull@preferred.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 23:23:10 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have just finished rebuilding a mechanical tach out of a Bugeye.  I am
now ready to calabrate.  Does anyone know the exact dial reading in
relation to the rpm's at the input to the tach?  The dial (and
literature) tells me the dial is X100
and is to be used with a 3:1 reducer at the generator.  But are there
other ratios to consider (ie generator pully, crankshaft pully, etc.)?
Best I can tell the generator does not turn at the same speed as the
crankshaft due to differance in the pulleys on the engine. Thanks
Scott
59 Bugeye