NAPA PCV valve restrictor

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: NAPA PCV valve restrictor
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 08:12:10 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Is it desirable to put a flow restrictor in the line when using the NAPA PCV
valve on a 1275 engine?

I am using that valve. It made awful sucking sounds when I first put it on,
so I made a wooden plug with a one-eighth-inch hole in it and mounted it on
the inlet of my aftermarket valve cover. That cured the sucking sounds, but
since doing that the oil leaking has gone back to pre-valve levels.

So I got to wondering if the restrictor (if there should be one) should be
mounted between the oil separator and the valve? What's the preferred size
of the restrictor hole?

Any opinions?  Thanks!

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye