Call off the Hounds!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Call off the Hounds!
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 22:00:35 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
As always, the list has been very helpful in my latest LBC activity -
hunting for a project car upon which to do a fuller restoration.  When
people chip in with great advice like I've received, I like to post the
results so here goes.

This morning I made an offer on a 1973 Midget and the deal was struck!
Yahoo!  I'm about to join the ranks of people who put $10,000 in a $4,000
car.  :)  Actually, I don't plan on going that far, but I'm not doing this
for economic reasons.  I just want the fun and learning of doing up the car.

The scarey part is that I haven't actually seen the car.  :)  It was first
listed at $2,500 and over time it kept coming down until I'm paying $1,200
for it.  I don't pick the car up for about two weeks.  It's located about
250 miles from me at present.  I did tell the guy that if I see any
evidence of accident damage or seriously under reported rust, I'm walking
away from the deal.  It comes with a lot of extra parts which I can use on
my '74 so I'm figuring I can't get stung too bad.

So, anyone have a line on a cheap parts manual for a '73-'74?  :)  I've got
Haynes and getting the factory workshop manual.

Wooohooo!  Round-arch fever!!!

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos