Re: books on bodywork repairs?

To: emakris@hol.gr
Subject: Re: books on bodywork repairs?
From: Bruce Henderson <bhndrson@west.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:58:22 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, I haven't seen any posts in response to your inquiry, so I'll toss in
this little ditty:

Try "The Key to Metal Bumping" by Frank T. Sargent.  It's an oldie, but a
goodie.  My 3rd Edition is copyrighted in 1953, but it is from a time before
the preferred method of bodywork was remove a panel and replace it with a
new one from stock.  This book takes you through the basics with a pretty
thorough discussion of the various metalworking tools.  There are
undoubtedly other more recent books available - try Amazon.com and do your
searches.  Good luck.

Regards,
Bruce Henderson
Former owner of Toby's Sprite (wah!)