Re: sprite update, next project, springs,

To: Toby Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: sprite update, next project, springs,
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:22:00 -0700
Cc: Sprite Maling List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Toby,

The best (and safest) way I have found to remove the springs from any car
      that has lower A arms with removeable spring pans uses two 6-8"
      pieces of threaded rod.  Simply replace two of the bolts (diagonally)
      with the rod.  Take out the other two bolts then alternately back out
      the threaded rod until the pressure is off the spring.  Then slide
      the spring out of the hole in the A Aarm.  I found it best to lock
      two nuts on the top of each rod and use a long nut (the kind used to
      connect two pieces of threaded rod) on the bottom.  This gives more
      surface area for your wrench.

Luck, Herb

Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com> on 03/10/99 08:49:14 PM

Please respond to Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>