Re: Bulbs

To: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Bulbs
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:14:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I was another culprit who unwittingly kept the pipe thread
"discussion" alive, apparently to the dismay of some.  Fact is, it is
a valid question to pose -- anyone who has ever stripped the threads
on an oil pan will agree with me.  I find it interesting that the
question still remains unanswered (in all the flurry of postings I
don't recall anyone stating with authority which threads are used on
the Midget oilpan and tranny/axle plugs).  If the question was so
stupid or annoying why didn't someone just answer it instead of
complaining about it???  Oh well, I'll leave those deeper thoughts to
the philosophers, and join you in an Irish salute to "stupid"
questions on St. Patrick's Day.....

Michael

---Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Bill & Cindy wrote:
> >
> > At 09:47 PM 3/11/99 EST, you wrote:
> > >Sure can be converted.  Which bulbs are you having problems with?
> > >
> > >Paul
> >
> > ...back-up lamp bulbs ( the type with pointy little ends), gauge
bulbs
> > (currently using Radio Shack No. 50's, but doubt their longevity
at 12v)
> > and license plate lamp bulbs. I assume that front and rear turn
signals and
> > tail lamps are 1157's, but have not verified that assumption yet.
> >
> > I mean, it's not like I've been blowing bulbs left and
right...this is more
> > like an research project...so I can be prepared when they do go.
After all,
> > once a Boy Scout...always be prepared.
> >
> > So if Paul or anyone else wants to chime in here...any and all
input is
> > welcome.
> >
> > This reminds me of the drain plug incident of which I have been
thinking
> > about lately, because ...though I don't remember the name of the
person who
> > originally was looking for drain plug info...I have this intuitive
feeling
> > that he or she has not posted since. I sincerely hope they were not
> > frightened off!
> >
> > Later,
> >
> > Bill & Cindy
> Aw Shucks no...the Scotsman in me does not let a little sarcasm
scare me
> away, and the Irishman in me buys them a drink!
>
> Mark "The drain Plug expert" Snowdon
>
> PS I won't tell ya what the English and Welsh parts of me would do....

==

Michael B. Dietsche, P.E.