RE: dyno (generator) demographics

To: "'Shawn J. Tobin'" <Shawn.Tobin@aud.alcatel.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: dyno (generator) demographics
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:42:53 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had a generator and it generally sufficed. When it ate a bearing, I
replaced it with an alternator mostly because it was cheaper. I also had a
dead regulator in the junk box, which helped the decision. It's easier to
wire the alternator in if you have a gutted regulator to use as a junction
box, and I would have a hard time gutting my perfectly good regulator.

Now that I mention it, I have a perfectly good regulator somewhere, do you
need it? was in use for less than a summer. Name your price.

Phil Vanner
'61 Midget